Although wet signatures are still widely used in many transactions, electronic signatures are rapidly becoming more prevalent. And it’s no surprise that they’re growing in popularity. Signing documents online offer ease and convenience, as well as security, privacy, and federal compliance. Moreover, it allows better accessibility as you can fulfill any document signing tasks no matter where you are.
In today’s article, we will walk you through how to sign online for free. We’ll guide you through the ins and outs of using electronic signatures and so much more.
Table of Contents
- Why is it better to sign documents online?
- How to sign online for free?
- What are the best practices when signing documents online?
- Key Takeaway
Why is it better to sign documents online?
Before we have an in-depth discussion on how to sign online for free, let’s have a look at some of the benefits of fulfilling document signing tasks digitally or online. Here are some of them:
1. It is a more cost-effective solution.
Manually signing documents involves multiple steps that are time-consuming and quite expensive. Printing costs are involved, and you have to pay loads for courier or mailing services. If you know how to sign online for free, you can cut down your expenses significantly. Going paperless saves you quite a lot of money.
2. It is faster and more efficient.
One of the easiest ways to get a document signed faster is to opt for online signing. You can send out your files and forms in just a few clicks. If certain revisions need to be made, you can fix them right away and send them back for signing. The turnaround time for signing files online is generally shorter than the more traditional method.
3. It is a lot safer and more secure.
One of the main advantages of online document signing is that it offers an extra added layer of safety and security measures to ensure that your data won’t get compromised. Things can easily get mishandled or tampered with if you still transmit documents manually. Aside from that, it is not easy to forge electronic signatures and most especially digital signatures.
How to sign online for free?
There are plenty of ways you can sign online for free. For instance, you can use your word processing software to affix your signature to an electronic document. It does not come with any additional charges. However, it’s not really a quick and straightforward process. It involves multiple steps.
- See our guide for adding electronic signatures on Microsoft Word.
- See our guide for adding electronic signatures on Google Docs.
If you want to sign online for free without taking multiple steps each time, the best way to go about it is through Fill. Fill is a free electronic signature application that simplifies your document signing process. Fill has plenty of amazing features, including a real-time audit trail and log so you can stay up-to-date whenever your recipient opens, signs, and annotates your document.
Additionally, Fill makes it easier to share documents by simply sharing links instead of having to attach the actual file. This exponentially improves accessibility and efficiency. With Fill, you do not have to worry about data privacy as they use high-level security measures to thwart any attempts of breaches and theft. You are also protected against unauthorized access and revisions. Fill assures that your files and documents are in safe hands.
So how to sign online for free with Fill?
1. Create your own account with Fill. You can sign up using your email address or easily connect your Gmail account.
2. Once you have created your account, you can enjoy some of Fill’s features for free such as unlimited signature requests, unlimited uploads and innovative document filing, as well as mobile and desktop apps for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac.
3. To sign online for free, all you need to do is upload your documents by clicking on the + Start Now button on the dashboard’s upper right-hand side.
4. If the documents only need your signature, click Only You. If, however, other parties need to sign, select You & Others.
5. Drag and drop your file to upload it to the system.
6. The document will automatically open after it’s done uploading. You can then add your signature to its appropriate place. Click Done.
7. Once that’s done, you can either download the signed document or share it through the document link via email.
Learning how to sign online for free using Fill is so easy. And it only takes a few minutes to get everything sorted. So what are you waiting for? Sign up with Fill today and start your time-limited free trial.
What are the best practices when signing documents online?
Now that you know how to sign online for free, you also need to learn the best practices when dealing with online document signing.
Invest in a reliable document signing tool
One of the best ways that you can simplify your online document signing is to get a reliable document signing tool. Tools like Fill do not only help you create your electronic signature but also help streamline the entire process of sharing and signing documents.
Communicate with your clients
If you decide to adopt a more digital approach to document handling and management, be sure to give your clients and partners a heads up. This ensures that the process would be seamless on both ends.
Start your digital transformation
Learning how to sign online for free is the first step to a digital transformation. To proceed with the transition, you need to start handling electronic documents moving forward. Map out a plan, so you know how to proceed. Then you can slowly start digitalizing your older documents.
As discussed, there are plenty of advantages to switching to a more digital approach with document signing. And in today’s modern times, many organizations and businesses are making the switch to handling files online. Hope all the tips we’ve imparted today can help you in this aspect.