Times are rapidly changing, and so is the way we sign documents. While wet signatures will never fully reach obsolescence, their relevance in today’s highly digital landscape is overshadowed by electronic signatures. There is no denying that electronic signatures are slowly becoming the norm for many transactions these days.
In this light, you should equip yourself with the right tools to adopt a more digital environment. If you don’t have one yet, it’s high time that you generate a signature online. It’s relatively easy, and it doesn’t take more than ten minutes to make. Let’s walk through the process.
Table of Contents
- Why do you need an electronic signature?
- How to generate a signature online?
- What are the best practices for signing documents online?
Why do you need an electronic signature?
Businesses of all sizes and countless organizations are switching to a more modern, paperless way of handling transactions and managing documents. This is a trend you should keep up with. Here are a few other reasons why you need to generate a signature online:
1. Electronic signatures are safe and secure.
Perhaps the most significant advantage electronic signatures have over good old physical signatures is their safety and security features. You do not have to worry about forgery when you generate a signature online. With the right tools, you can ensure that your data will be protected against unauthorized access to your documents.
2. Electronic signatures simplify document signing processes.
Manually processing documents for signing involves quite a lot of steps that are frankly such a hassle. You have to print multiple copies of the document and mail them to all the concerned parties. There is also that off chance of the documents being sent back for revisions and corrections. Needless to say, it’s a costly and time-consuming way of handling paperwork.
When you generate a signature online, you can sign documents digitally conveniently. There is no need to print and mail documents just to sign them. Sharing files can be as easy as sharing a link—no need to pay for courier services.
3. Electronic signatures make your organization more agile.
Electronic signatures in your transactions and paperwork make your organization more agile to modern business practices. As you may very well know, the future is paperless and digital. It’s great that you adopt this type of environment as early as now to future-proof your organization and, at the same time, improve the efficiency and productivity of your workflow.
How to generate a signature online?
There are plenty of ways you can generate a signature online. The fastest and most straightforward way to go about it is by using Fill, an electronic signature app. When you sign up and create an account with Fill, you can create your electronic signature through four easy methods. Let’s have a look at each one of them.
You can easily draw your signature using Fill’s on-screen canvas for mobile users. If, however, you are using your laptop or computer, you may also draw your signature using your mouse. Another way is by uploading an image of your written signature. The last method is simply typing your signature. Fill has a selection of fonts and styles to choose from so you can generate a signature online that’s unique and secure. All these methods take no less than ten minutes to complete.
Out of all the electronic signature generators and applications available online, why should you choose Fill? Aside from being simple and easy to use, Fill also offers other top-notch features that can make your digital transition seamless. Fill lets you keep track of the progress of your documents using its real-time audit trail and log. This also encourages better accountability among the concerned parties or individuals. Fill keeps your documents protected using high-level encryption and security measures.
You can enjoy all these features and more for as low as $4.99 per month. Check out this page to know more about Fill.
What are the best practices for signing documents online?
Now that you know how to generate a signature online, you can get started with digitally signing your paperwork. To set you off on the right path, here are some of the best practices that you need to keep in mind:
- Determine how your clients could access your documents. There are various ways to do so, such as email invitations, password-protected embedded links, and QR codes, to name a few. It’s also best to set parameters for authentication. This further guarantees that no other parties can gain access to your files. When deciding the best option, be sure to consider how convenient your preferred method is for your clients.
- Make sure that you communicate with your client regarding the whole document process. Walk them through the entire process and entertain any questions should they have any. While transacting digitally is simple and straightforward, you will still encounter some unforeseen hiccups. To avoid this, it’s best that you keep in touch with your clients.
- Take advantage of online tools that help you generate a signature online and make managing documents. Tools like Fill offer a myriad of other features to make signing paperwork a breeze. Moreover, they offer an extra layer of protection by using encryption and other measures to keep your data safe against any threats. If you are going digital, best to invest in the right set of tools.
A great first step towards a more adopting a more modern, paperless environment is to generate a signature online. Once you have that set up, you can proceed to doing transactions online and dealing with paperworks digitally. With the right tools and with sufficient knowledge, you should be able to transition seamlessly from manual to digital. Of course, there will be some adjustments that you need to make, but once you have everything put in place, you will start to reap the benefits of this approach. Hopefully, this article will equip you with some of the basic things you need to know.