That’s right – MS Word has a built-in feature that allows users to add e-signature on documents. Despite its popularity, however, Word is somewhat limited concerning broader functionalities when it comes to digital signatures – making Word an outdated choice for many individuals and organizations, who could benefit from a switch to a more sophisticated and technologically advanced eSigning platform, such as Fill.
However, if you’re still interested in Microsoft Word, here’s the process to digitally sign a Word document.
What is all about the e-Signature?
It is actually an encrypted and electronic stamp of certification on digital or official information like electronic documents, macros, or e-mail messages. The signature you register in a document will confirm that the information or ideas originated from the signer. It means the content given in the Signed document is not subjected to any change or alteration.
Here, you can collect the right points about the Benefits of Digital Signatures as listed down.
- It will trim down the high risk of creating duplicate content of the document.
- It makes sure that the signatures are confirmed and justifiable because each content or word is confined with an interfere-evident close.
- It will secure your Word Content Document effectively.
The Digital Signature is being used to meet three significant goals of information security such as non-repudiation, authentication, and integrity.
Step-by-step process to Sign the Documents Digitally:
Follow the step-by-step process to sign the Word Documents Digitally and do it effectively in your practice. Many Content Documents like a lease, medical forms, and anything official need a Signature in the end. Note that, when you need to make any important word document, probably should be supposed to leave a signature in the file. Here are the clear steps to Add a Signature to your Word Document.
- Your first and foremost job is to Open the Word Document.
- Then, go to the end of the Page and Position the Cursor where you have finished your content.
- Now, insert a new line between Regards and your Name where you wish to place it in your Word Document.
- Now, probably you have to Scan the Signature Image into your Computer device.
- Then, Navigate to the Insert menu and tap on the Picture option.
- Subsequently, find the image from where you have saved the image and Choose your Signature Image in the Picture box and Hit the Insert option.
- Then, the Scanned Signature image will appear in the Word Document.
- If you need any change, you can resize the image as well as the box around the image.
- Finally, you can Save the Word Document with the Added Signature Image.
- With this, the steps for digitally signing the Word Document are Over.
Using these steps you can effortlessly sign your Word Document Content Digitally. Furthermore, you can share the word document safely with anyone, and your official content information in the word document will be authentic and reliable as well.
And if you wish to explore more features that are not offered by Microsoft, you may choose Fill.